Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Weezer, the greatest band that ever lived!!!!!!!!

Cristy usually writes this stuff but I felt like this had to come from me.

This may come as quite a shock to some of you, but I declare that Weezer is the greatest band ever. I can already hear the protests. "What about the Beatles?" you may ask, or perhaps "what about Elvis?" or even "what about Neil Diamond?" I am here to say that while each of those is great in their own way, none of them are Weezer.


From the heavy metal riffs that make me question my ability to survive, to the mildly interesting story of Pat Wilson losing a shoe in the Great Salt Lake, and to Rivers mastery of first semester Spanish.....last night's show had it all.




Now, you might be thinking "maybe I could be a Weezer fan". Not so fast. To be a Weezer fan is quite a commitment, and requires near genius level of music appreciation. When Rivers points the mic at you, are you going to be able to deliver on that accordion solo? Yeah, it can be intense.
Ben and I sang at the top of our lungs to all 21 songs played. Some may call that going the extra mile, but I just consider it doing our part.


I'm pretty sure Ben had a good time and was excited about his first "rock concert" ...though looking at these pictures you may think he was being tortured. I think the poor boy feels it is uncool to show his true emotions. Stay tuned for concert review # 2 coming November 22nd!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Matt. Sounds like a great time. Weezer is a good band... but best band ever?... Maybe it's the the high of the experience that somehow gave you that notion. Maybe you took some mind altering drug at the show and "truly" lived the music. But frankly, no band can knock the best band in the world out of their place... The Carpenters. Numero Uno. We've only just begun to live... I can hear it now.

Finn and Tracey Family said...

way to teach your kid to rock!

i disagree too - U2 wins in my opinion...

which concert is next?

Kayla J said...

Hahahha. Poor Ben. Someone should tell him if he keeps that face long enough, it could get stuck like that.