Saturday, October 18, 2008

All in one day.....

Mitchell had a very rough day yesterday. We were preparing to go to the Scarecrow Festival with our neighbors and Sydnee shoved a door into Mitchell's eye. Unfortunately this was not to be the only trauma Mitchell encountered..........

Upon arrival I took the stroller from the van and proceeded to unfold it...all the sudden Mitchell screams out. His finger was stuck in the stroller. I couldn't get the stroller to unfold and in my memory I feel like my reaction time for this accident was super duper slow. I couldn't figure out what to do so I slid his finger out. His fingertip was flat as a pancake and Mitchell was very traumatized. I wrapped a diaper wipe around his finger and we waited in the super long line with Mitchell crying. Once we got inside we were able to find a band-aid. The band-aid worked it's magic and Mitchell soon perked up enough to get down and play some games and do some bouncing with his good buddy Hadlee.



5 comments:

cristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kacey said...

poor, poor mitchell and mean, mean mommy for squishing his finger in the stroller! he is so stinking cute even with a bum eye and smushed finger!

The Jackson's said...

Why is that I always feel like I am hurting my kids in that way! I either slam fingers in doors or scratch with my fingernail, or there is the run them over because they are standing right behind me. Good thing a band-aid always does the trick.

Finn and Tracey Family said...

sweet mitch! hope the zoo excursion will be uneventful!

Heather said...

poor Mitchell, hope your finger feels better soon, we had fun with your guys!! Thanks!