Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Fun

I know we are almost a week into the New Year but I wanted to give you the Furniss Family Christmas review you've all been waiting for :). Let me just start by saying the Sydnee was so darn cute on Christmas morning I could hardly stand it. She loved the little candy toy from her stocking. If that was all she had gotten, she would have been okay with that.

The older kid were going nuts for her to open her big present from Santa. She opened her presents very carefully ripping a small piece of paper off and handing it to someone to throw away.

I just love this little rocking horse. When you press a button on the horses ear it makes clip-clop noises, the head and tail move, and it whinnies. Too cute! ( I have no idea what Makenzie is doing to Synee's knee?)

I guess Mitchell is an official video gamer since his present from Santa was a Lego Batman game for the Wii :( I miss the train days.

Makenzie got an easel from Santa. A few days ago I noticed she had her day outlined on the whiteboard and she was erasing each thing as she accomplished it. Maybe I need to borrow that to help with with my time management goals.


The next gift was much desired by Ben and Matt, I'm afraid there would have been tears from both of them had Santa forgot to leave this. I have to admit I have had a lot of fun with this too.
Makenize loves to tell everyone how I shocked her when "I let my hair down" and sang some "whatcha, whatcha, whatcha want"
This was the scene at our house for most of Christmas Day and the day after Christmas. In fact these 3 didn't bother getting dressed the day after Christmas and probably would have not eaten if I hadn't have came home from shopping and made them lunch. I will have to post some "Rockin" video footage.

The Saturday after Christmas we went to Lapoint to have some festivities with Grandma and Grandpa Huber. I was able to give my sweet angel sister Marie the quilt that my very talented mother-in-law and sister-in-law made for her with a little, very little, help from me. This was the best part of the holidays for me.

I wish with all my heart I could take away the heartache of losing her son in July who would have been 20 on Christmas Day. I wish she could find relief from the health difficulties she is experiencing right now. The longer I know this dear sweet sister of mine the more I am convinced that she is an angel on earth. One day she will receive her eternal reward for patiently enduring these and many other trials.


3 comments:

Jill T said...

That quilt is beautiful! What a treasure. And my kids were telling me about Sydney's skittle fan. Apparently, they loved it too! Sounds like a very fun Christmas at the Furniss household!

Julie said...

I don't even recognize Ben. Its amazing how they grow up. What cute kids.

Jami said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! The quilt turned out beautiful.