It is official......the post holiday let down has arrived. I struggle from now until the weather conditions allow outdoor activity.
Today I contemplated hitting a fast food play place but dreaded the inevitable illness that would be sure to follow an activity like this and since our new medical insurance doesn't take effect until February I settled on a trip to Target to browse the clearance racks. Mitchell and Sydnee were as good as they good be thanks to a bag of popcorn and fruit punch from the snack-bar.
It is too bad humans don't hibernate. I could deal with sleeping through the winter. Tried having a nap on the couch (closest I could get to hibernation) and Sydnee kept jumping on me just as I dozed off.
This post is a shout out to all my friends for ideas on surviving the rest of the winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hmm...an obstacle course? I don't know if this is an option for you, but what keeps me sane is Xander has a playgroup once a week for two hours. We have four kids in the group and we take turns hosting it at our house. I think the kids love it as much as the moms do!
I am totally with you on this! I am so sick of winter, it hurts. Next time you are bored and want to wander through Target, call me. I am always up for that. It is sad really, what we take pleasure in these days.....
You can come over and help de-clutter and organize the Bjarnson house. How does that sound for January fun?
TARGET! I'm up for that place anytime! Yes the January blues have set in....Allie informed me that yesterday was the HALF-WAY mark(for school) come on summer!!!
how about one week have a playdate for the kiddos at my house - we chat, then next week we switch to yours. get christine involved, cindy, aislin, melanie - or whoever wants to attend can. keep it small more intimate playdates or make it big sometimes.
let's plan on the dinosaur museum one day as well. we will probably get sick there as well...ugh! i am a huge fan of the sunshine! the cold weather and overcast skies make me depressed. we can get through it together!
sounds like you had fun with your retail therapy!
love ya - t not f
Have you considered vacationing in a Nordestina do Brasil? Very, very warm down there this time of year, and Matt can continue working in the U.S. and support you and the young 'uns quite easily...
The schools may not quite be on par with the wonders of the Alpine School District...but there's a lot of education to be had in traveling...
Is 'glevul' really a word, or just something made up for verification?
I always get depressed this time of year. Try taking some Vitamin D. They say we need it more in the winter and that should help. Although I'm just not sure I believe it. We should have dinner.
Post a Comment