Wednesday, December 17, 2008
CAUTION...you may want to skip this pity party.
I hit a wall today or I guess you could also say my stress level hit the ceiling. I am hoping a good venting session will help me regain control of things. When I got a call from the PTA a few weeks ago asking if I would be the room mom for Benjamin's class, I knew this would happen. I do not mind being a "helper" in fact I enjoy being a "helper" being "in charge" is a whole different story. I did not give an immediate yes hoping she might continue down her list and find another mom happy and eager to accept this post. This was not to be as she called me again, this time I said ok and hoped I could handle this. So here I am in charge of Ben's class party on Friday with little help from the other parents. This on top of the last minute Christmas shopping I have yet to do put me into stress induced shut down mode. What is stress induced shut down mode?? It is basically that a whole entire day went by very, very little getting accomplished. Why when I am stressed out do I find it hard to focus? Wouldn't it make more sense to buckle down and work towards the tasks at hand? One would think that. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I kept wishing all day that it was December 26th and I was curled up on the couch reading a very good book. 8 more days and I hope to be living my day dream. Anyone have a book suggestion for me??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh i am so sorry and then i asked you to make that jpg for me! momma mia! i wish i could of helped you at the party! also i probably wasn't not the best person to vent to... i hope all went well and i am glad it is over. i dream of reading a good book as well. wish i had one to suggest. i have looked on shelfari for an idea but still not sure.
- tracey not finn
Have you read The Lost Choice by Andy Andrews? It's a good uplifting read...
just wanted you to know that i can totally sympathize with the whole "shutting down" when there is too much to do. you are not alone. i know you could've used this sympathy a week ago, but maybe it will help you to not feel so alone next time.
Post a Comment