Monday, May 17, 2010

Mitchell the Soccer Star!

Mitchell has had a blast playing soccer this season and we have had a blast watching him play. He looks forward to his game all week long. He asks me what time his game is going to be. He doesn't appreciate it if I'm late getting him to his game. A couple games ago we were a few minutes late. When we got to the field he jumped out of the van and ran over to his game as fast as he could. By the time I got over to him, he came up to me in tears. They were playing a team with the exact same jersey that day and so I think when he got to the field he assumed they were still warming up, so he ran onto the field and his coach, who has a very loud coach voice, yells at Mitchell and tells him to get off the field because he is not in right now. He soon got his chance to go out and play and ended up scoring 4 goals that game. Needless to say, last week he was on my tail all morning telling me what time it was and that I needed to get dressed so I wouldn't make him late. He also reminded me all week long to bring the video camera to tape his game. Matt got a lot of footage, including the following clip of the goal he scored.



He is very serious about the game. He plays very intensely. He wants the ball and he goes for it.


I am so glad that he has had so much fun playing this season. He has his last game coming up on Saturday and I'm sure he will be anxiously awaiting next fall when he can hit the soccer field again.

2 comments:

Jill T said...

That video clip of Mitchell scoring is classic! He is fun to watch because he gets so excited about his successes! He's a great player! And I like how you described the coaches voice. :) Sad, I didn't know he made him cry.

You and Makenzie look cute, and Ben sounds great on the piano!

Cyndi said...

So cute!! Tate's the same way with knowing when his games are! Drives me crazy:)