Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to School!

Last Wednesday Benjamin started 7th Grade. Makenzie started her 4th grade year last Thursday.
And today Mitchell went to his first day of Kindergarten. He has been counting down the days since we met his teacher at back to school night last Wednesday.

What an emotional year......I have been having anxiety over Ben going to Jr. High since registration last spring...but after 2 trips to the Jr. High to practice locker opening and finding his classes, I felt a little better about sending him. I think it also helped that he let me walk him to the bus stop on his first day (I did start walking back home before it got to his stop...so he wouldn't get teased). In three more years we will have another big year with Ben starting High School, Makenzie starting Jr. High and Sydnee starting Kindergarten. I don't want to get ahead of myself though...I can't believe how fast my kids are growing up.....and I don't want to miss a single moment.

5 comments:

Dave & Kandy Daniels said...

It's so hard to believe that kids grow up after moving away from them. Your kids are so big & still way cute.

Kacey said...

wow..you made it! that little mitchell just makes me smile. i just want to pinch his little cheeks.

Jill T said...

3 first days of school is brutal! You held up like a champ. And that picture of Mitchell on the front porch is great. He really does look excited!

Jami said...

Wow. They all look excited and perfect for the first day :)

Finn and Tracey Family said...

just love those kids!