Went to 7th grade registration with Ben today.........had a flashback to the Love and Logic course I took when he was a young toddler..........having a strong desire to attend the first day of 7th grade with Ben........continues to confirm the fact that I am a "helicopter parent". Seriously though I cannot believe I will be sending him to Jr. High next year. I remember when he was 2 years old and he climbed the ladder to the roof of the house, that seems less scary to me than seeing him go to Jr. High without his "mom" (apparently the scars from my Jr. High years are still there). Despite my fears, Ben told us tonight that he is very excited for Jr. High. I'm sure I'll need some tissues come the first day of school.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Once a helicopter always a helicopter.......
Went to 7th grade registration with Ben today.........had a flashback to the Love and Logic course I took when he was a young toddler..........having a strong desire to attend the first day of 7th grade with Ben........continues to confirm the fact that I am a "helicopter parent". Seriously though I cannot believe I will be sending him to Jr. High next year. I remember when he was 2 years old and he climbed the ladder to the roof of the house, that seems less scary to me than seeing him go to Jr. High without his "mom" (apparently the scars from my Jr. High years are still there). Despite my fears, Ben told us tonight that he is very excited for Jr. High. I'm sure I'll need some tissues come the first day of school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It sure has flown by...I remember cutting his hair when he was tiny!
Holy cow I thought he was in 5th grade this year! WOW I can feel your pain though.....I am more often than not....a helicopter parent as well! :)
So teach me what a helicopter parent is...
Are you ready for lots of girls to be calling the house? Ben is a good looking kid!
Jill, A helicopter parent "hovers" over their children trying to protect them from dangers. I'll have to pull out my love and logic manual I've forgotten the other styles of parenting we learned about.
I can't wait for my kids to get out of the house...
Post a Comment