Sunday, September 21, 2008

New York, New York!

We enjoyed a day in New York before the cruise. We all went to a Yankee's game. It was a lot of fun but very very hot. Thanks to a $5.00 bottle of water and some frozen lemonade I survived.



After the game we boarded the Subway again and headed down to check out the Statue of Liberty. It was very hazy so I was glad we saw it again from our cruise ship.





When Matt knew we were going to New York he said "I want to have Pizza in New York". The day before we left he found a blog devoted to pizza restaurants in New York City. He took note of a few and while we were gazing at the Statue of Liberty we talked to a local who was fishing and asked for a suggestion for pizza. He said "John's" which was one Matt had on his list. When we got to John's their was a huge line so we ordered a pie to go. Wish I had a picture of the pizza itself or better yet Matt eating a piece. It was good and Matt was happy!



Times Square was amazing. One of those things you have to see for yourself. The sidewalks were crowded with people. Bought a couple souvenirs and called it a night. Hope to visit again someday, so many things I still want to see and do in the "Big Apple".


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blogger What???!!!

Nice posts! That trip was next level fo sho.

And you really got the photo collage down. I'm gonna have to steal me some of that style.

The Jackson's said...

So glad you had such a great time. The pictures are fabulous. I love the one of you and Matt at the Ocean.