Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Memorial day weekend trip to Lapoint

It had been a few years since we spent Memorial Day in Lapoint, but we made it this year! I spent each Memorial Day growing up visiting the cemeteries in Tridell and Lapoint and I decided that my children needed to share in that experience with me. On Monday we went to the Lapoint Cemetery it was windy and cold. We had visited the Tridell Cemetery Sunday afternoon and enjoyed great weather.





Here is a picture Matt took of my dad. My dad spent some time telling Matt about some of his friends and relatives that were buried there.



Kittens! My mom's cat had had kitten's and Makenzie spent a lot of time playing with them (my poor pet deprived children). Sydnee shared a bit of love with the kittens too!

Day out with Thomas. On our way to Lapoint we stopped in Heber to enjoy some Thomas action. Mitchell really wasn't sure he wanted to go anywhere near Thomas. He kept asking if Thomas would talk. After a while he decided it wasn't so scary and $90 later we enjoy a 10 min bumpy ride. It was definitely one of those once in a lifetime is enough experiences.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Lapoint. It reminds me of McCammon Idaho, were my moms grandparents lived. A small town. In a way very stagnant. But I love the history of it. Who settled it and why and how they survived and how they met their spouses and so on. Every time I go to McCammon I visit the graveyard were so many relatives are buried. It's like going back to the mother land.